Residents and property owners of Franklin, Johnson, Logan, and Yell counties are eligible for a free card. Temporary residents working or attending school in either Franklin, Johnson, Logan, or Yell Counties are eligible for a free card. Non-residents, who reside in counties outside of the ARVRLS service area may obtain a card for a one-time $20 fee.
To obtain a library card, you must present the following:
- A photo ID and proof of current address, e.g. driver’s license, utility bill, property tax receipt, medical card, company ID, or other printed identification.
- Non-residents eligible for a library card because they own property in the region must show proof, e.g. tax bill.
- Temporary residents working or attending school in the area must present proof of current address and proof of current employment.
- Children under 18 or dependents must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when applying for a library card.
Interlibrary Loan is a free service that allows cardholders in good standing to borrow books and articles not available within the Arkansas River Valley Regional Library System. ILL is a cooperative effort among many libraries in North America. We cannot accept ILL requests if there are unpaid charges of more than $10.
- How do I submit an ILL request? Requests can be submitted to branch staff with final approval from the Branch Manager
- What is not available through ILL? You cannot request items that are owned by the Arkansas River Valley Regional Library System, electronic resources such as eBooks, A/V items such as DVDs or CDs, or items published within the last 6 months. Requests for these items will be canceled.
- How many ILL requests can I make? You may have a total of three (3) ILL requests in a 30 day time period.
- How will I know when my item arrives? Items may take four to six (4-6) weeks to arrive. You will be notified by phone, email, or postal mail. Please pick up your items as soon as possible, as they are checked out to you by staff as soon as they are received. Do not remove the ILL label.
- How do I renew ILL items? Materials are eligible for renewal once, for an additional two (2) weeks, with the consent of the lending library. Items that are not renewable will be noted on the ILL label. Renewal requests must be placed before the due date. Renewal requests must be made to ILL staff at email@example.com. Staff will contact you after the lending library responds. Overdue items are not eligible for renewal.
- How do I return ILL items? Items may be returned to any Arkansas River Valley Regional Library System location during open hours only. Do not place items in the book drop.
- What is the cost? The Arkansas River Valley Regional Library System does not charge for ILL requests. However, some lenders may charge a fee, which we would pass on to you. You will always be notified of any fees before we request an item that requires fees to be paid.
- What if I lose or damage an item? For a lost or damaged item, ILL has a default replacement fee of $50. However, ARVRLS may be able to negotiate a lower replacement fee; call the Interlibrary Loan Department at 479-229-4418 to discuss before paying.
Email - Black and White Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
Email - Black and White Items - email@example.com
Email - Color Items - firstname.lastname@example.org
All branch libraries provide free WiFi around each of the buildings and in the parking lots. No password is required for access. Please note our Internet Use Agreement.
Please don’t send us unsolicited books; we are unable to return them. They will be treated as donations.
Have questions or need assistance? Let us help you find what you need.